Do you have current employees or new-hires that must obtain a CDL for your company?
With the implementation of the FMCSA’s new ELDT mandated training requirements, employers are finding that it is getting increasingly difficult to find, retain, or train CDL holders. Frankly, the ELDT mandated training makes obtaining a CDL even more complicated and confusing, even though the intent was to improve the quality of commercial drivers. Add in additional specific state requirements, and it’s enough to drive anyone crazy, let alone be profitable!
Many companies are hesitant to expend tens of thousands of dollars for CDL training that traditional brick and mortar CDL schools charge, for fear of not being able to retain that employee upon their graduation. Unless you have an employment contract with that employee, there is nothing to stop them from moving on to another company once you have paid for their CDL. While that may still be a possibility, we can help mitigate this expense with our lower costs.
The ELDT Academy Difference
ELDT Academy, LLC is an FMCSA approved, and a FLHSMV Licensed and Certified Training Provider. Whether it is a Class A, Class B, or Class C CDL, we utilize FMCSA-approved curriculum, and we offer innovative solutions that can be customized to YOUR company’s needs through our innovative programs in Contract Training. Our curriculum is designed for truck drivers in the real world. We actually care about your training, and take it seriously.
Contract Training: We come to YOU!
The process is fairly simple:
- We conduct a site visit to verify adequate and safe training space is present.
- We establish a custom road training route.
- We establish your individual training needs, and develop a training plan.
- We establish your student roster and get them permit-ready through our online Learning Management System (LMS). *In-person theory training can also be arranged.
- Once your CDL Candidates have completed the permitting process, we commence training.
- Once your CDL Candidates are proficient, we help schedule state testing with a third-party examiner in your area.
This model of training requires the following:
- Use of YOUR company vehicle, which must be road worthy and have a passed an FMCSA Annual Inspection, current registration, and General Liability Insurance.
- Have an adequate training area (minimum approximately 300′ x 100′), that is flat and preferably paved.
- Have a minimum of two (2), but not exceed four (4) CDL Candidates, per Instructor.
The benefits to your company are many:
- NO employee mileage expenses to pay for employee travel.
- NO employee lodging expenses to pay for employee hotels.
- NO employee per diem expenses for meals.
- NO inflated tuition and registration costs associated with traditional brick and mortar CDL schools.
- NO excessive downtime of employees.
- NO mandated lengths of training, we get them back to work.
- NO idle time, when they should be training.
- NO worries over whether your employees are being properly trained by CERTIFIED CDL Instructors.
How can we offer this option?
Simple… no major overhead! We don’t have excessive expenses typical of traditional brick and mortar schools such as building rent and utilities, and fleet maintenance, fuel, insurance and purchase costs, or any of the other requirements of a brick and mortar school which are ultimately passed on to you.
We work within our network of contracted Certified Instructors and send them to your location, while your employees remain at their home terminal. All training is conducted on your property, using your equipment and fuel, and covered by your insurance. And yes, it is legal, bonafide, and certified!
Our Rates by Comparison
We are transparent about our rates. Download our Rate Flyer to preview what we have to offer. Discounts may be available for larger classes, check with your Recruiter!
|Program||Traditional School||ELDT Academy||Savings Per Student|
|Class A CDL||$5,000 to $10,000||$3,995||$1,000 to $6,000|
|Class A CDL (Restricted)||$5,000 to $10,000||$3,495||$1,000 to $6,000|
|Class B CDL||$2,500 to $4,000||$1,995||$500 to $2,000|
|Class B to A CDL||$3,000 to $8,000||$2,495||$500 to $5,500|
|Hazmat (H)||$100 to $150||$75||$25 to $75|
|Passenger (P)||$500 to $600||$250 to $500||$100 to $250|
|School Bus (S)||Not Typically Offered||$750||Includes Passenger (P)|
|Tankers (N)||Not Typically Offered||$30||N/A|
|Doubles/Triples (T)||Not Typically Offered||$30||N/A|
What’s NOT Included?
Basically, the same fees a CDL Candidate would expect to pay at any other CDL school, would still apply. Some traditional brick and mortar schools may include the Final Exam fees, if they are also an approved Third-Party Administrator (TPA), but many are not.
- Initial State permitting fees. (Est. $30)
- DOT Physical & Drug Screen (Est. $50 to 100)
- Final Exam fees by a 3rd Party Examiner. (Est. $200 to $600)
- Final State Licensing fees (Est. $85)